Volvo has always been synonymous with safety, but the Swedish automaker is taking it to a new level with its first fully electric car, the Volvo EX30. This compact crossover combines a sleek design, a spacious interior, and a powerful battery with cutting-edge features that make it one of the safest vehicles on the road.
What Makes the Volvo EX30 So Safe?
The Volvo EX30 is built on a new platform that is specifically designed for electric vehicles. This platform allows for a lower center of gravity, a more rigid body structure, and a better distribution of weight. These factors improve the handling, stability, and crashworthiness of the car.
But that's not all. The Volvo EX30 also comes with a host of advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) that help prevent accidents and protect occupants. Some of these systems include:
- Pilot Assist: This system uses cameras, radar, and sensors to monitor the traffic situation and assist the driver with steering, braking, and acceleration. It can also keep the car in its lane and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS): This system warns the driver of vehicles in blind spots and can also steer the car back into its lane if necessary.
- City Safety: This system can detect pedestrians, cyclists, animals, and other objects in front of the car and apply the brakes automatically if a collision is imminent.
- Cross Traffic Alert: This system alerts the driver of approaching vehicles when reversing out of a parking spot or driveway and can also brake the car if needed.
- Run-off Road Mitigation: This system can detect if the car is about to leave the road unintentionally and apply steering and braking interventions to keep it on track.
- Run-off Road Protection: This system can tighten the seat belts and activate energy-absorbing structures in the seats to reduce the impact forces on the spine in case of a run-off road accident.
These are just some of the safety features that make the Volvo EX30 stand out from other electric cars. In fact, Volvo claims that the EX30 is "the safest car we have ever built."