The Kia Carnival is not your typical minivan. It’s a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) that combines the spaciousness and versatility of a minivan with the style and performance of an SUV. And for 2025, the Kia Carnival has been redefined with a new turbo-hybrid powertrain that delivers 242 horsepower and 37 mpg combined. The new Kia Carnival also features a sophisticated design, a premium interior, and a host of advanced technologies, making it a compelling choice for families and adventurers.
What’s New for 2025?
The 2025 Kia Carnival is the fourth generation of the MPV that debuted in 1998. The new model is based on the N3 platform, which is shared with the Kia K5 and Sorento. The N3 platform allows for a longer wheelbase, a wider stance, and a lower roofline than the previous generation, giving the Carnival a more dynamic and refined appearance.
The most notable change for 2025 is adding a turbo-hybrid option for the SX Prestige trim level. This option pairs a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a 44 kW electric motor and a 1.49 kWh lithium-ion battery. The result is a net output of 242 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque, which is more than enough to move the 4,500-pound MPV with ease. The turbo-hybrid option also improves the fuel economy of the Carnival, achieving an EPA-estimated 37 mpg combined, compared to the 25 mpg combined of the standard 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 290 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque.
The 2025 Kia Carnival also boasts a redesigned exterior that showcases the brand’s Tiger Face front fascia and Tiger Eyeline LED daytime running lights. Sharp lines, sculpted surfaces, and chrome details accentuate the Carnival’s bold and muscular body. The rear of the MPV features a full-width LED light bar and a spoiler that add to its sporty and modern look. The Carnival has nine exterior colors, including Astra Blue, Flare Red, and Snow White Pearl.
The interior of the 2025 Kia Carnival is equally impressive, offering a luxurious and spacious cabin that can accommodate up to eight passengers. The Carnival features high-quality materials, soft-touch surfaces, and ambient lighting that create a comfortable and refined atmosphere. The MPV also offers class-leading cargo space of up to 145.1 cubic feet with the second and third rows folded. The Carnival’s versatile seating options include Slide-Flex second-row seats that can slide forward and back, VIP Lounge second-row seats that can recline and extend leg rests, and Smart Seats that can fold and unfold with the touch of a button.
The new Kia Carnival is also packed with cutting-edge technologies that enhance driver and passengers' safety, convenience, and entertainment. Some of the standard and available features include:
- A 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster with blind-spot view monitor
- A Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers
- A rear-seat entertainment system with dual 10.1-inch touchscreens
- A wireless smartphone charger
- A smart power tailgate that opens automatically when the key is detected
- A surround-view monitor that provides a 360-degree view of the vehicle
- A head-up display that projects key information on the windshield
- A smart cruise control with stop and go and highway driving assist
- A forward collision-avoidance assist with pedestrian, cyclist, and junction detection
- A lane following assist that keeps the vehicle centered in the lane
- A driver attention warning that alerts the driver of fatigue or inattention
- A rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist that warns and brakes for approaching vehicles
- A safe exit assist that prevents the doors from opening when a vehicle is approaching from behind